SENIOR PLANNING CALENDAR
- See your counselor and review and modify your 4-year academic/career planning guide if needed. (This planning guide is a work in progress and will be modified as needed.)
- Continue your extracurricular, sports, and/or volunteer activities.
- Continue doing well in your classes and getting good grades.
- Watch for information regarding the CAAP (College Application & Acceptance Program).
- Schedule your senior conference with your counselor.
- Request letter of recommendation from counselor for early decisions.
- Make sure your fall and spring schedules of classes include college/career/major admission requirements.
- Go online and apply to the colleges you wish to attend.
- Sign up for the ACT with writing or SAT Reasoning test, and SAT Subject tests required.
- If necessary surf the Internet and use the Naviance System to locate college and financial aid information.
- Attend senior information sessions with counselors.
- Discuss ROP classes with your counselor.
- Check deadlines date(s) for early decision college applications.
- Attend College Fairs and make additional visits to college campuses.
- Finish your essay for college admission.
- Submit applications online for CDU schools.
- Begin submitting forms for private sources of financial aid.
- Submit admission applications online to UC and/or CSU systems.
- Request recommendation letters from teachers and counselors.
- Have transcripts sent to requesting colleges.
- Have test scores sent to colleges.
- Begin to send in private college/university applications.
- Last month to take the ACT or SATs for UC/CSU. Confirm dates with individual campuses.
- Attend financial aid nights with your parents.
- Visit college campuses during winter vacation.
- Go online to access Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).Review the FAFSA form with your family and begin completing it.
- If you plan to take AP exams, sign up in the Activities & Athletics Center (AAC) at Agoura High or in the Counseling Office at Calabasas High.
- Inquire about learning opportunities like ROP or community college.
- If required by colleges, request 1st semester transcript be sent.
- Pursue scholarship information and apply for those for which you are qualified.
- File FAFSA no later than March.
- Make sure that you send your GPA Verification Form for Cal Grants.
- Follow specific campus guidelines regarding college/university housing.
- Apply to community college; take placement exams.
- Begin to plan your summer work, school, or volunteer activities.
- Decide which Advanced Placement (AP) exams to take and sign up in the Activities Athletics Center (AAC) at Agoura High or in the Counseling Office at Calabasas High.
- Register for summer classes at community colleges or ROP.
- Return intent to register forms to your chosen college before May 1st.
- Notify colleges you are not attending.
- Inform your counselor of your choice.
- ATHLETES: to play college athletics, you must be cleared by the NCAA. Remember to send a final transcript!
- Take Analytical Writing Placement Examination if attending UC in the fall.
- Take Advanced Placement test(s).
- Register for summer programs at college campuses.
- Notify secretary of Assistant Principal, Curriculum and Instruction, of awards to be included in the Senior Awards Assembly.
- Order your final transcript to your chosen college.
- Return forms to the college of your choice for on-campus orientation programs.
- Submit official non-LVUSD transcripts to registrar.
- Thank those who helped you to succeed!!
- Plan for high school graduation.
- Congratulations graduate!!
- Begin summer job, school, or community service.