Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Calabasas High School

Logo Title

Concurrent Enrollment Information

Concurrent Enrollments

If you want to take a class off-campus and bring credit back to CHS, this form must be completed, submitted, and approved for all classes taken outside LVUSD. The course must be pre-approved before the student enrolls in any off-campus course or we cannot guarantee credit on the CHS transcript. *Please note: It can take up to 5-school days to receive notification regarding your request.

Start HERE: Step by Step Instructions or see below

Summer Concurrent Enrollment 2024 - Please click here to fill out the Summer 2024 Concurrent Enrollment Form.

Step by Step Instructions

* Note: Concurrent enrollment is limited to 10 credits per term (Fall, Spring, Summer). 

Process for Community College Coursework: 

  1. Complete Application for Admission through the Community College Portal. Be sure to indicate that you are a high school student.
  2. Keep an eye on your email for application confirmation and portal access. If you don’t get an email within a few weeks, check your spam/junk folders.
  3. Review the online course schedule for the term you wish to enroll to determine the course(s) you want to take. Schedules are posted on the community college website. You will want to note start/end dates and times, pre-requisites, or possible placement exams required by the community college. 
  4. Complete the Community College supplemental paperwork verifying you are a high school student (“Supplemental Application for Admission of Students in Grades K-12” for LACCD; “Recommendation for Dual Enrollment and MOU” for Moorpark Community College). Students can list multiple courses in the event that their first choice is not available when they are cleared to enroll. These require a signature from your Counselor and can take 2-3 days to process through the Counseling office. Most colleges have these available as online forms.
  5. Register for courses through your community college portal once the community college opens registration for high school students. 
  6. If you wish to transfer credit to your LVUSD transcript, you will need pre-approval. Complete the LVUSD Concurrent Enrollment Request (available on our website). Keep an eye on your LVUSD email as your counselor will email if your course has been approved OR if we need additional information.

Process for High School Level Coursework Taken Outside LVUSD (including online courses): 

  1. Determine the institution where you would like to take coursework. Any courses that you intend to transfer to LVUSD must be taken at accredited institutions and approved by the UC/CSU A-G system. Information can be found on the UC website here:
  2. Complete the LVUSD Concurrent Enrollment Request (available on our website). These requests typically take 1 week for the Counseling office to process as they are reviewed by Counselors and Administration, and your Counselor will email you to indicate whether the request is approved, denied, or we need more information. 
  3. If approved, register for the course through the approved institution. When the course is complete, you will need to request an official transcript to bring to CHS in order to transfer credits back to your CHS transcript.