Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Calabasas High School

Logo Title


Frequently asked questions

What do I do if my child is absent? Please read about our policy and procedures.

What if I have to pick up my student early? Please read about our policy and procedures.
We do understand that there are emergency situations where you may need to have your student pulled from class immediately, but please remember that this is very disruptive to the learning environment, so filling out the early leave form prior is helpful.

Can my child leave during lunch? CHS is a closed campus for Freshman and Sophomore students.  Junior and Senior students who have met the requirements for an OFF-CAMPUS LUNCH PRIVILEGE PASS may leave campus immediately at the start of lunch but shall return in time to attend their next class.  The OFF-CAMPUS LUNCH PRIVILEGE PASS application must be signed by the parent or legal guardian or parent having legal custody by court order. The pass must be approved by the administration first. Reminder: Per Ed Code 44808.5: “Neither the school district nor any officer or employee thereof shall be liable for the conduct or safety of any pupil during such time as the pupil has left the school grounds.”

What if my child is sick and needs to come home from school? A student who is ill MUST be checked out by the Health Office. For safety reasons, if your student texts or calls you directly from their cell phone to tell you they are not feeling well, please tell your student to tell their teacher and ask them to go to the health office.

How do I contact my student's teachers? Each teacher has a voicemail/email that is listed on his or her Webpage.  In addition, when you call the main number (818) 222-7177, you can follow the directions to dial-by-name the teacher and access his or her voicemail.  Many teachers regularly use their email addresses and prefer that for communication.  Please allow 48 hours for the teacher to respond to your call or email. If there is a delay in response, please contact the Counseling Office and they will assist you in reaching the teacher. 

How do I get my Aeries log-in and password? Parents of students new to LVUSD should receive the log-in via email upon enrollment. However, if you do not, please Contact the Administration Office, (818) 222-7177 ext. 52230.

Where do I bring items my student forgot?
While we strongly suggest that students take responsibility for their school work, P.E. clothes, instruments, and lunches, there are occasions when something needs to be brought to the Main Office.  We can not accept lunches in the Main Office. Items cannot be delivered to students so please be sure your student knows you are leaving their belongings in the office.

Where do I send medicine and medical notes? All medical notes and medicines, even over-the-counter drugs, must be brought to the Health Office with the proper paperwork signed by your physician.  There are some exceptions allowing a student to carry items, such as epi-pens, diabetic supplies, and inhalers, but the proper paperwork must be submitted and carried with the item(s).  Notes regarding health matters that impact P.E. participation should be given to the student's P.E. teacher.

When should parents call the counselor, the assistant principal, or the principal? First of all, concerns with teachers must first be addressed with the teacher. Please allow 48 hours for the teacher to respond.  You may contact them by phone or email.  All teacher information can be found in the "Faculty Directory." If you have a question regarding your student's overall academic progress, course selection, or social concerns, please call the Counseling Office at ext.52239 and ask for the counselor assigned to your student.

Counselors are available to see students during Support, Nutrition, and Lunch.  A student can also leave a note to see their counselor and they will call them in when they are available. If you have a concern regarding discipline or campus safety, please call your student's Assistant Principal:

Corine Musgrove      Assistant Principal - Curriculum & Instruction                 A - G   
Miriam Worth           Assistant Principal - Student Services                                H - O   x52230
John Wells                 Assistant Principal - Safety, Facilities, and Athletics         P - Z    

Safety is a top concern of Calabasas High School and we want to take every step to ensure a proper learning environment.

What is there to do besides academics?
ASB has approximately 100 different clubs.  Check out the list of clubs, and if students can't find one they like, they can create a club for just about anything.

Dances held during the year include Homecoming, Winter/Spring Formal, and Prom. Theatrical performances include plays, musicals, Acapella Night, and Comedy Sportz. The music program includes Jazz Band, Marching Band, Wind Ensemble, and Choir.

Athletics include three seasons of sports and year-round Cheer.  You can see a full list of all sports under "Athletics" on the website.

The CHS Master calendar has additional information.